Intellectual property refers to creations of the mind, such as inventions; literary and artistic works; designs; and symbols, names and images used in commerce. There are Five types of Intellectual property.
Trademarks Act 1999 (TM Act)
Process of Trademark Registration
- Make application for trademark Registration.
- Once registration done the “Official Examination Report “send by trademark registry for conformation.
- After acceptance of application it publish in Trademark Journal.
- Application will be open for opposed for four months.
- After all process the trademark certification is issued by the trademark registry.
- The renewable term of registration of a trademark is 10 years.
Patents Act 1970
Process of Patent registration
- File the application and get it numbered.
- Make request for publication and it will publish within the period of one month.
- Make request for examination within 48 months form the dates of filing of application.
- Patent is open for opposition for period of one year form the date of advertisement.
- The validity of patent is 20 years.
Copyrights Act 1957
Process of Copyrights registration
- File the application with complete details and submit to the copyright office.
- Application will be open for 30 days for objection from the date of application.
- If no objection rase the registration will issue by the copyright office.
Design Act 2000
Process of Design registration
- Make the application with all required documents and submit to the design wing of the patent office.
- After acceptance of application it will notified in the patent office journal after that the design will be valid for the period of 10 years form the date of registration.
- Geographical indication
Geographical indications of goods (registration and protection) Act 1999
Process of geographical indication
- Make the application to the registry.
- The application will open for opposition for three months.
- If application is not opposed then registration will grant ny the registry.
- The registration is of GI valid for ten years.