PART II Insolvency Resolution and Liquidation for Corporate Persons
CHAPTER II Corporate Insolvency Resolution Process(CIRP)
Section 24: Meeting of committee of creditors:
24. (1) The members of the committee of creditors may meet in person or by such electronic means as may be specified.
(2) All meetings of the committee of creditors shall be conducted by the resolution professional.
(3) The resolution professional shall give notice of each meeting of the committee of creditors to—
(a) members of 1[committee of creditors, including the authorised representatives referred to in sub-sections (6) and (6A) of section 21 and sub-section (5)]; (b) members of the suspended Board of Directors or the partners of the corporate persons, as the case may be; (c) operational creditors or their representatives if the amount of their aggregate dues is not less than ten per cent. of the debt.
(4) The directors, partners and one representative of operational creditors, as referred to in sub-section (3), may attend the meetings of committee of creditors, but shall not have any right to vote in such meetings:
Provided that the absence of any such direct or, partner or representative of operational creditors, as the case may be, shall not invalidate proceedings of such meeting.
(5) 2[Subject to sub-sections (6), (6A) and (6B) of section 21, any creditor] who is a member of the committee of creditors may appoint an insolvency professional other than the resolution professional to represent such creditor in a meeting of the committee of creditors:
Provided that the fees payable to such insolvency professional representing any individual creditor will be borne by such creditor.
(6) Each creditor shall vote in accordance with the voting share assigned to him based on the financial debts owed to such creditor.
(7) The resolution professional shall determine the voting share to be assigned to each creditor in the manner specified by the Board.
(8) The meetings of the committee of creditors shall be conducted in such manner as may be specified.
1. Substituted by the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code (Second Amendment) Act, 2018, for the word “Committee of creditors;” in clause (a) of section 24(3) (w.e.f. 06.06.2018).
2. Substituted by the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code (Second Amendment) Act, 2018, for the word “Any creditor” in sub-section 5 of section 24 (w.e.f. 06.06.2018).