The Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code, 2016
PART II Insolvency Resolution and Liquidation for Corporate Persons
CHAPTER II Corporate Insolvency Resolution Process(CIRP)
Section 27: Replacement of resolution professional by committee of creditors:
27. (1) Where, at any time during the corporate insolvency resolution process, the committee of creditors is of the opinion that a resolution professional appointed under section 22 is required to be replaced, it may replace him with another resolution professional in the manner provided under this section.
1[(2) The committee of creditors may, at a meeting, by a vote of sixty-six per cent. of voting shares, resolve to replace the resolution professional appointed under section 22 with another resolution professional, subject to a written consent from the proposed resolution professional in the specified form.]
(3) The committee of creditors shall forward the name of the insolvency professional proposed by them to the Adjudicating Authority.
(4) The Adjudicating Authority shall forward the name of the proposed resolution professional to the Board for its confirmation and a resolution professional shall be appointed in the same manner as laid down in section 16.
(5) Where any disciplinary proceedings are pending against the proposed resolution professional under sub-section (3), the resolution professional appointed under section 22 shall continue till the appointment of another resolution professional under this section.
1. Substituted by the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code (Second Amendment) Act, 2018, (w.e.f. 06.06.2018). Prior to the substitution, sub-section 2 of section 27 as under:
“(2) The committee of creditors may, at a meeting, by a vote of seventy five per cent. of voting shares, propose to replace the resolution professional appointed under section 22 with another resolution professional.”