The Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code, 2016
PART III Insolvency Resolution and Bankruptcy for Individuals and Partnership Firms
CHAPTER II Fresh Start Process
Section 92: Discharge order:
92. (1) The resolution professional shall prepare a final list of qualifying debts and submit such list to the Adjudicating Authority at least seven days before the moratorium period comes to an end.
(2) The Adjudicating Authority shall pass a discharge order at the end of the moratorium period for discharge of the debtor from the qualifying debts mentioned in the list under sub-section (1).
(3) Without prejudice to the provisions of sub-section (2), the Adjudicating Authority shall discharge the debtor from the following liabilities, namely:—
(a) penalties in respect of the qualifying debts from the date of application till the date of the discharge order;
(b) interest including penal interest in respect of the qualifying debts from the date of application till the date of the discharge order; and
(c) any other sums owed under any contract in respect of the qualifying debts from the date of application till the date of the discharge order.
(4) The discharge order shall not discharge the debtor from any debt not included in sub-section (2) and from any liability not included under sub-section (3).
(5) The discharge order shall be forwarded to the Board for the purpose of recording an entry in the register referred to in section 196.
(6) A discharge order under sub-section (2) shall not discharge any other person from any liability in respect of the qualifying debts.